CLOSE

IMS and IndyCar owner joins insider Nathan Brown on a special edition of Pit Pass Live. Indianapolis Star

LINKEDINMORE

Indianapolis Motor Speedway says it's committed to having spectators in the stands for the Indianapolis 500 on Aug. 23 — but only at 50% capacity.

In an email sent Friday by IMS president Doug Boles to ticket holders, he says the aim is "to accommodate at least 50% of your original ticket quantities in or near your current seating location."

IMS says it is open to requests for more than 50% of original order size, but ticket quantities of greater than 50% may be moved to another available location.

"We will implement enhanced health and safety measures across nearly all facets of our August events," Boles wrote. "One key pillar of our plan is to realign seating to allow for more space between customers on race day."

INDYCAR: Flagman fired after online criticism of NASCAR policies

ZANARDI:Racecar driver, Paralympian placed in medically-induced coma 

New race day tickets will be issued to all customers for the rescheduled Indy 500. Tickets previously purchased and sent out will not be valid for entry.

Boles and IMS encourages at-risk groups, such as fans older than 65 or those with under-lying conditions, to stay 真人百家家乐官网网站home. 

The decision to attend this year's race will not impact seniority or right to renew tickets for the 2021 Indy 500.

"While we are pleased to be able to welcome you back to the newly improved and enhanced Speedway for this year’s 500," Boles wrote, "we regret the inconvenience associated with these changes and appreciate your patience and support as we all continue to navigate these unprecedented times."

The IndyCar season opener in Texas was run with no fans in attendance, which Texas Motor Speedway track president Eddie Gossage called "depressing." Road America for the IndyCar’s doubleheader weekend in Wisconsin July 11-12 announced earlier this week that fans will be allowed.

LINKEDINMORE