Where hand sanitizer is back in stock
— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
The coronavirus pandemic isn't over just yet, and with many people needing to go outside and run essential errands, there comes a higher-than-usual Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains that good old-fashioned hand-washing for at least 20 seconds is the most effective way to protect yourself against COVID-19, using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when there's no soap and water around can also be an effective way to eliminate germs. Many distilleries, such as the Vermont-based Caledonia Spirits, are stepping up their efforts to make hand sanitizer for emergency first responders and local communities, but regular Americans are still searching for a way to grab their own supplies, too.
For those eager to skip the big in-store crowds but feel overwhelmed because every retailer also seems to be sold out, we've tracked down the Get the Artnaturals Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizer Gel for $11.99
- Get the Pipette Hand Sanitizer for $4.993.0
- Get the Muse Hand Sanitizer for $9.99 at Muse
- Get the Cutter Pump Hand Sanitizer at 真人百家家乐官网网站home Depot for $5.99
- Get the Dual Action Hand Sanitizer Spray at 真人百家家乐官网网站home Depot for $6.99
- Get the SpaRoom Mist Hand Sanitizer at Target for $3.99
- Get the Art Naturals Hand Sanitizer at Target for $3.99
- Get the Megababe Squeaky Clean Hand Sanitizer at Target for $9.99
- Get the Hello Bello Lavender Hand Sanitizer Gel, 2-pack at Walmart for $10.97
- Get the Meineke Advanced Hand Sanitizer Gel, 4-pack at Walmart for $21.99
- Get the Tonymoly Aloe Chok Chok 62% Alcohol Hand Sanitizing Gel at Ulta for $4
- Get the Milk + Honey Lavender, Eucalyptus Hand Purifier No.08 at Ulta for $6
- Get the Hempz Triple-Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer at Ulta for $7.50
- Get the Touchland Power Mist in Watermelon at Ulta for $12
- Get the Germ-X Original Hand Sanitizer at Office Depot for $4.49
- Get the CLEACE Antimicrobial 75% Alcohol Gel Hand Sanitizer at Staples for $14.99
- Get the Hempz Triple-Herbal Moisture Hand Sanitizer at Staples for $14.99
- Get the Eucalyputs, Grapefruit or Unscented Hand Sanitizer at by Humankind for $20
While we'll be updating this list daily, keep in mind that supplies are dwindling, so you may want to grab what you can before a product sells out.
Does hand sanitizer expire?
Have an old bottle of hand sanitizer that's been tucked away in you purse or backpack for a while? With supplies selling out so fast, you might be tempted to just use the old one you already have. However, it's important to give the label on that bottle a good once-over before you do. The reason? That hand sanitizer might be expired.
While hand sanitizer and wipes seem like one of those things that last forever, that's not the case at all. Because the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates them, hand sanitizers are subject to the same requirements as other FDA-regulated products, meaning they do come with expiration dates. Also, the main ingredient in most over-the-counter options is ethyl alcohol, which may lose its efficiency over time, making it less effective against germs.
Most hand sanitizers expire within a year to three years, and while they may still be safe to use, we'd recommend grabbing a fresh bottle or two, just to be on the safe side.
The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest deals, reviews, and more.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.